In a shocking case of gross medical negligence reported from Mumbai, a 32-year old man was sucked inside an MRI machine at BYL Nair Charitable Hospital on Saturday night.
Maru, who was working as a salesman at a garment shop, had gone to Nair hospital to look up his sister's mother-in-law, Laxmibai Solanki, who was admitted in the ICU since January 26 for viral fever.
A man at an India hospital - carrying a metal oxygen cylinder - was violently drawn into an MRI machine by its magnetic force and died within minutes, his family said. According to NDTV, he said, "When we told him that metallic things aren't allowed inside an MRI room, he said 'sab chalta hai, hamara roz ka kaam hai'".
"It's due to their carelessness that Rajesh died", relative Harish Solanki said.
Magnetic resonance imaging, or MRI, is considered one of the safest ways to look deep inside the body, as it does not carry the radiation risk of X-rays or positron emission tomography scans.
His relative called out for help, and other ward boys rushed to the scene.
In 2014 two hospital workers sustained injuries when they were pinned between an MRI machine and a metal oxygen tank for four hours at a hospital in New Delhi.
The sheer negligence by the hospital staff is also apparent as usually people, including the patients, entering the MRI room are asked to remove all metallic objects including cell phones or even credit/debit cards as they can interfere with the MRI machine's functioning.
Compensation for the victim's family of 500,000 rupees (around $7,870) has been promised by the state government of Maharashtra.
Maru was reportedly bleeding heavily when he was pulled away. The civic body has ordered an inquiry to ascertain how the cylinder made it to the MRI room where metal objects are not allowed.
The hospital's CCTV footage is being looked into. There are boards and signs put up that say you can not carry metal inside.
But when Maru and the patient entered the MRI room, the machine was already switched on, Solanki claimed.
Now the family is blaming the hospital for the incident.
A postmortem report said he died from excessive air entering his lung, according to the Indian Express.
Poland's Deputy Justice Minister Patryk Jaki, who authored the bill, said Israel's objections were "proof" it was needed. A sign above the cast iron gates to the camp read " Arbeit Macht Frei ", German for "work makes you free".
It is the second-most points allowed this season by the Pistons , who were led by 21 points from Tobias Harris . Philadelphia's last win against Oklahoma City took place November 15, 2008, during Westbrook's rookie season.
At that time he had yet to call on any major witnesses to testify and had not yet issued any charges or signed any plea deals. But Mueller swiftly removed the agent, Peter Strzok , from his probe after learning about his texts.
Dot's Rihanna-assisted DAMN . track, " Loyalty ", earned the Top Dawg Entertainment award for Best Rap/Sung Performance. At the star-studded show, which is taking place in New York City's famed Madison Square Garden, K.
Don't bother trying that password anymore, because it's since been changed. "Final production flamethrower will be better". The tunnel-digging company is now taking pre-orders for the tool/weapon, priced at a mere $500.
On the official patch notes, Microsoft informs that the decision to deploy KB4078130 was taken following Intel's recommendations . Those instructions offer IT administrators the keys which, when added to the Windows registry, enable or disable the mitigations.
Ready to get started? US-based Walmart, the world's largest retailer, said the service will launch in the latter half 2018. Noting Rakuten's strengths in e-commerce, McMillon said Walmart looks forward to boosting its grocery footprint in Japan.
In fact, he was reminded of that before a Senior Bowl practice, according to a very amusing account from Sports Illustrated. USC's Sam Darnold , Lamar Jackson from Louisville and Josh Rosen of UCLA, are also highly-regarded quarterbacks.